The libary has NOOKs and Kindles that you can borrow. The devices are pre-loaded with a large selection of popular titles and cannot be used to download any other books.
• Patron must be 18 years or older and have a current Adult East Rockaway Public Library card in good standing.
• The E-Reader and all accessories must be checked out and returned at the Circulation Desk and handed directly to a staff person to check in.
• The E-Reader may not be returned to another library, nor placed in the book or media drop outside.
• E-Readers are loaned for two weeks and are not renewable.
• If overdue, the fee is $5 per day.
• The battery will stay charged longer if the Wi-Fi remains OFF. Patrons are encouraged not to click on the ads which will turn the Wi-Fi on. (Kindle)
• CHANGING ANY OF THE DEVICE SETTINGS IS PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTO THE LIBRARY’S E-READER DEVICES.
• BORROWER’S MAY NOT ORDER OR INSTALL ANY ITEMS ON THE DEVICE.
• A $25 PENALTY WILL BE CHARGED FOR UNAUTHORIZED CHANGES & DOWNLOADS.
The patron is responsible for replacement costs for lost or damaged E-Readers, parts and accessories.